Second Week of Second Semester

 I’m Matt Wilder and I am back with my second blog as a lacrosse student-athlete. Last week, I

confessed I didn’t want these to turn into therapy sessions. Since my second week wasn't much

better, let me just lie down on the couch and tell you all about it. First, some of the positives. I

got a 94% on my first blog and didn't have to practice three times in one day. With that out of

the way, we can get to the other stuff. Monday I was almost late to my hardest class this

semester, so the week was off to a bad start. Later that night after practice, my legs felt sore,

and I didn’t know why. Me being the genius I am, I did nothing about the pain and instead talked

to my girlfriend on the phone until midnight. Tuesday is my most relaxed day when it comes to

classes, but our afternoon practice was tough. We compete the most on Tuesdays and at the

start of practice, I could barely walk. The trainer said I had shin splints, probably because we

were running on hard frozen turf, so I practiced through the pain. That night, you can probably

guess I decided on the same remedy as the night before and talked to my girlfriend until

midnight. Not the best decision since I ended up being late to a class and missing a quiz recap

on Wednesday. Yes, I somehow managed to have another rough week, but this one I think I’ll

say is my girlfriends fault.





  


Comments

  1. Congrats on the first blog score

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an lacrosse vet, let me tell you, you've got to stretch after practice, eat lots, and ice up anything that even feels slightly sore. Use the trainers as much as possible and try and get ahead of any pain you can, because with our practice routine, most things wont just go away, but if you treat them properly, you'll make it through all four years!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Social Media Campaigns

Freshman Year