Fourth Week of Second Semester

Matt Wilder, lacrosse student-athlete here again. My first couple of weeks this semester has had ups

and downs and that’s the best way to describe this week. Just after my last post, I heard there was a

chance for a lot of snow. I’m not going to lie, the prospect that classes could be canceled was exciting.

Who wouldn't want to sleep in for four days? Sadly, that wasn't the case, when I had to be up at 9:30 for

a class on Zoom. A little hint: it was Principals of Social Media. Beyond the one class, the rest of my day

consisted of sleeping and scavenging for food. Friday was also a lazy day. After I got ahead on some

homework, I went outside with some other students to play kickball in the snow. Let me tell you, it is a

lot harder than it seems. Yes, that's coming from an athlete. Things came to a halt when one of the girls

dropped her phone in the snow and was freaking out. We all spent like ten minutes looking for it until it

was found. By that time, my shins told me to stop. Having decided to listen this time, I decided to go in

and rest. Saturday started off with practice in Kinghorn because the field still had snow. Later in the

afternoon, we went to the field to prepare for a Sunday scrimmage against Denison. When Sunday

rolled around, everyone was super excited and I think a little nervous, but the drive there on the bus

was fun. We held our own against a ranked team and only ended up losing by a couple goals. I had the

chance to go in during the 4 th quarter and finally got the ball toward the end of the game. I was so

nervous I threw a bad pass and turned the ball over. I was upset, because the game ended shortly after

that. It took a day to get over that, but I realized that I still got to play against a top team, and I should

be grateful for the little things. My goal is to put the work in every day, so things become more natural,

and so I won’t get as nervous with that next pass.

Comments

  1. I can understand how you felt about the game this past weekend. I have been trying to get my head focused on Track these last couple of meets and It has taken me awhile to get my groove back. Never give up yourself cause you got this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Social Media Campaigns

Second Week of Second Semester

Freshman Year