Sixth Week of the Second Semester

Matt Wilder, your lacrosse student-athlete with another blog. I have to say that this week has been the

most taxing on my body. It started on Thursday when we had a lift. It was leg day and I decided to go all

out for this workout. You are probably guessing that this was a mistake, especially considering we had

an overnight game on Saturday in Michigan. Surprisingly, I wasn't in that much pain when we arrived

Friday night but that following morning I struggled to get out of bed. It only got worse as the day went

on. During our game, I had to do a lot of standing in the cold and was praying to get some playing time

so I could move and stop my legs from hurting. I was also motivated to get my first goal. I got the chance

to go in toward the end of the second quarter and had a longer shift during the fourth quarter. The first

game of my college career was a little scary but also fun. I even had an opportunity to score and ripped

a shot that looked like it was going in, but the goalie made a great save. I was disappointed, shook it off

and kept playing. I had an assist in the last couple minutes that wasn't counted on our official stats, but I

didn’t want to make it a big deal, so I said nothing. I plan to try again next game and the next after that.

Let’s just say I’m looking to the future.

Comments

  1. I really feel what you are saying when you say that the lifts are starting to be taxing on your body. We lift Monday, Tuesday and Thursday with morning runs on Friday and that is starting to get the best of me. I can't wait for spring break to get some time off.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Social Media Campaigns

Second Week of Second Semester

Freshman Year