Third Week of Second Semester

 Matt Wilder here and I am back with my third blog as a lacrosse student-athlete. My first two weeks

were rough, but this week was much better even though it was incredibly busy. Since the student part

was uneventful in a good way, I’m going to focus entirely on the athlete part this week. Saturday, we

had our second scrimmage of the season and played four quarters to simulate a game. It was fun, but

with no subs for either team, it was also brutal. Guys were getting tired and started to make mistakes.

Thankfully we had a halftime and went inside to get a 10 min break. That was the best thing to happen.

When we went back out there, my team started to click. We quickly scored a goal and on our next

possession, I had a clear that led to a goal with another that quickly followed. We ended up winning the

scrimmage. Sunday was supposed to be our rest day to recover and catch up on homework. We look

forward to these days but because my homework was done, I stupidly I decided to run on the treadmill

after completing my lift. Let me remind you of my painful shin splints I told you about in my last blog

and of course the running aggravated them. Beginning Monday and for each of the practices following, I

had to suffer through my self-inflicted flare up. In every practice I had a rough start but tried to finish

strong. For the most part I was successful, but the shin splints started to impact my running and hustle.

Not a good thing when we are doing more competitive, physically demanding drills. That was my week.

Lesson learned for this time was to take advantage of rest days. My shins tell me I need to be smarter in

the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Social Media Campaigns

Second Week of Second Semester

Freshman Year