Ohio Northern vs. Mount Union

 Matt Wilder, your lacrosse student-athlete with this week’s blog. Just like last week I found myself being

more student than athlete and mostly an observer because I still have a fractured thumb. You already

knew that, so I will pick up from where I left off. Our first conference game against Mount Union was

awesome. The energy was so high. We knew if we beat Mount Union that people would understand we

were legit. We were slow to start and risked them getting into a good rhythm which wasn't good.

Thankfully, our team picked it up later in the first half and pulled ahead. It was awesome to see our

team click on all cylinders. We were moving the ball extremely well and our defense was locking down.

Before I knew it, we had won the game and even beat them by double digits. The locker room was

ecstatic. Even our coach was dancing and laughing. The only problem, I wasn’t feeling as excited as the

other guys. Don't get me wrong, it was an awesome moment, but the fact that I had to stand on the

sidelines just made me frustrated and a little sad. I had been putting in so much work and now I had to

sit on the sidelines and wait for my thumb to heal. We have had 2 more games since and another two

more this week where I will have to be a cheerleader on the sidelines. I realized however that being

upset about it isn't going to make it heal faster. I had to shift my mindset to work on the things I am able

do like watching film, working on my footwork, or playing wallball with my left hand. I guess it is true

what they say, when life gives you lemons – make lemonade.

Comments

  1. That is really good to hear that fellow polar bears are taking care of business on and off the field. Hopefully that thumb can get better and you can get back to it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Social Media Campaigns

Second Week of Second Semester

Freshman Year