MIMIC SOCIAL

Throughout the semester, we had the opportunity to work on a simulation called Mimic Social. The

simulation put us in a marketing internship for a company called BUHI. This company sold a variety of

bags and backpacks for many purposes, and are responsibility was to market them on social

media. When I started the first round, it seemed so overwhelming and confusing that I decided to wait

until the last minute to work on it. That wasn’t the best move, but it is what happened. I remember

when I finally got around to finishing the first round, I was even more confused and thought I would for

sure fail this exercise. That is, until a couple classmates poked fun at my lack of effort and doubted I

would finish the assignment, let alone get a good grade. What they didn't realize, I excel when people

tell me I can’t do something. So, I powered through all the simulations, on weekends after games and

Sundays to catch up and ended up finishing 4th in the entire class. I must admit, it was an awesome

feeling to also beat one of those classmates who had doubted me. Looking back on the simulation, it

really wasn’t as bad as I made it out to be when I started. It taught me how to be good at social media

marketing. I had never promoted anything on social media platforms before but after this simulation, I

feel like I could create a huge audience and make a ton of money. I would say the hardest part about

this simulation was having to negotiate with the influencers. They were so picky on how much they

wanted to be paid to promote products. Sadly, I figured out too late that I only needed to use the less

popular influencers to get better results. I might have even beaten the whole class.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Social Media Campaigns

Second Week of Second Semester

Freshman Year